[VHFcontesting] Conditions Sunday Morning from EM76

N8UM n8um at comcast.net
Sun Apr 27 09:50:00 EDT 2008

I finally got all the antennas installed on the mountainmobile and set up on a local ridgetop Sunday morning.  Looks like 50 thru 2304 are working fine.  I worked FM06, EM75, 86, 89 and 95 on 144 thru 1296 with no problems.  I thought I had fried the 2304 rig again, but the darn SSB Electronics SP-13B is so good, it brings signals up 4 to 6 db without and increase in background noise (huh - isn't that what it is supposed to do?)  See pictures of the setup at  http://www.chuckmartin.com/VHFContest2003_3.htm

Looks like my major problem is finding rover sites that are not destroyed by man made noise.  At least 2 if my usual sites are plagued by noise.  I plan to rove in at least 3 grids in the uWave Sprint next weekend.  Look for me on Sunday mornings from sunrise till 10 am EDST and during the test on Saturday.

Hope all of you Easterners enjoyed the SEVHF Conference in Orlando this weekend!

I have a very nice 1 kw out 6 and 2 meter solidstate amp with 28V @ 100 A supply that I had planned to use in the van, but it is too big and requires 220V.  If anyone is interested and can pick it up in Oak Ridge, reply off line.

John B. N8UM  Oak Ridge, Tennseess