[VHFcontesting] My apologies

John D'Ausilio jdausilio at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 10:06:30 EDT 2008

Man, what a day .. I headed out to my planned destination, Above All State
Park, a bit late as I was waiting for the storms to clear. Arrived in the
area around 2:30, was searching for the turn (and not paying attention to
the trees) and took a hit .. broke my 6M moxon and bent up a bunch of loops.
Then I found the turn and it was gated and overgrown too much for my height
even if it wasn't gate. OK, regroup, Mohawk is only a dozen miles away, head
over there. Nice site, get set up, run with Jeff to discover my 2G is dead.
Cranked down the mast, checked things, went back inside (forgetting to crank
the mast back up) .. worked most of the FN30 gang but signals are weak, plus
rapidly discover that the Jitney is not well set up for single-op use. Sinus
headache arrives, frustration mounts, and I decide to bag it .. go out to
crank down and realize it's already cranked down hence crappy signals. Ah
well, I learned some things .. gotta figure out a way to make the jitney
single-op friendly somehow ..

Sorry to those guys I missed and/or suffered through my
confusion/frustration .. see ya in September (hopefully with working 2G)

de w1rt/john