[VHFcontesting] [AR902Mhz] Re: [VHF] 900 Mhz calling frequencies

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Thu Aug 7 13:45:40 EDT 2008

Bob Vaughan wrote:
>> Looking to find out what the 'suggested' calling frequencies are for SSB
>> and FM.
>
> 902.1 SSB
> 903.1 SSB alternate
>
> 927.5 FM
>
> There was a discussion on batlabs on the subject of PL/DPL for 927.5
> It appears to be a regional thing, with 82.5, 100.0, 114.8, 131.8,
> 141.3, 151.4, 156.7, and D073 in use in various areas.

Good summary, that about covers everything I've seen for years, other
than the one thing I keep reminding folks of...

927.5 is not legal in parts of Colorado and Wyoming.

We tend to use something else lower or higher for FM simplex, to avoid
the blackout frequencies.

Travelers using 900 MHz here need to be aware, or I wouldn't keep
pointing it out...

73,

Nate WY0X