[VHFcontesting] 900 Mhz calling frequencies

James French w8iss at wideopenwest.com
Thu Aug 7 18:23:15 EDT 2008

The concensus is to use 902.100 and the 903.100 as an alternate for SSB.
FM is 927.500.

I was asking this as I can not afford 902/3 transverters at the time and
have PLENTY of modified Motorola mobiles and HTs available to use. There
is activity on 902/3 FM repeaters locally and being linked into with
other repeater systems.

Just looking to possibly hand out more contacts and points on as many
bands as I can muster for the contests. Wish I had thought of this
before last weekends UHF contest though...:(

James W8ISS