[VHFcontesting] grid circling bashing, end it

jcplatt1 at mmm.com jcplatt1 at mmm.com
Fri Dec 5 12:13:52 EST 2008

Snip>
There is nothing wrong with Unlimited Rovers.  Just like there is nothing
wrong with multi-op stations and SOHP stations.  Each has its place and
competes against similar stations.  The discussion here really should be
how to keep the Unlimited Rovers competing against themselves and not other
roving stations.
< Unsnip

Yup.

The Unlimited Rover class wasn't named "Unlimited" without reason.  This
class was created with a minimum number of rules in mind.   Check out rule
2.5 at http://www.arrl.org/contests/announcements/rules-vhf.html and you
can see that most of the "rules" are waved for this class.   Rovers are
some of the most creative thinkers and this is the place to let those
creative juices flow !

Through the years my own rover operations have been more along the lines of
the current Rover or Limited Rover style, but the new Unlimited Rover class
has me thinking of trying something new.

73, Jon
W0ZQ