[VHFcontesting] Unlimited in club competition

Jim Worsham wa4kxy at bellsouth.net
Mon Dec 8 23:56:22 EST 2008

Nope, that would be an unlimited rover.  I have actually joked with my W4NH
colleagues about doing that in a contest.  Setup in one grid on Saturday and
operate until the bands are dead late Saturday night.  Pack up and move to
another grid and get back on Sunday morning.  Unfortunately, my proposal
wasn't met with much enthusiasm.  For some reason they didn't like the idea
of setting everything up and tearing it down twice.  Also, doing it in the
middle of the night didn't add to the popularity of the idea.  It would be
so cool to do it once though!  Anyway, that is the reason unlimited rover
scores don't count in the club competition.  You think the rover thing is a
big deal.  Let someone win the club competition doing something like that.
They would march on Newington and burn W1AW to the ground.  The contest
clubs are REALLY serious about the club competition.

73
Jim, W4KXY