[VHFcontesting] KJ6KO V2 1296 Amp T/R switching

Les Rayburn les at highnoonfilm.com
Wed Dec 17 09:15:50 EST 2008

Please pardon yet another newbie question, but here goes.

I recently purchased a KJ6KO V2 1296 amp from a local VHF'er, along with the power supply. Hoping to increase my meager 10 watt signal to 60 watts or so.

For those who are not familiar with this amp. You can find details at:
http://users.innercite.com/kj6ko/forsale.htm

My plan is to use my Icom IC-910H as an exciter for the amp. But here's where I'm running into trouble. This amp requires an external T/R relay...and this is all new to me. I'm running  a single 1/2" hardline into the attic, feeding a loop yagi. No pre-amp (though I do have one waiting to be installed as well)

My questions are legion. Where do I get a T/R relay? How do I wire up all the "in's and out's"? Can I still use the mast mounted pre-amp in line with this?

Any and all help gratefully appreciated!

73,

Les Rayburn, N1LF
EM63

Les Rayburn, director