[VHFcontesting] Need feedback on KLM Echo 70

Rogers, Ron RR124640 at ncr.com
Thu Jan 3 20:20:35 EST 2008

Yep, an Echo 70 (KLM) was part of the W8VP station when we set the Great Lakes multi-op record some years ago !  It worked just fine, seemed stable enough, and I sorta wish I had kept it as a backup after all these years.

I used the Echo 70 to drive a home brew 2C39 buffer 432 amp up to about 30 watts, which then drove a pair of 4CX250s up to a Kilowatt.  We used a 4 bay of KLM 432 antennas to cap off the 432 station.

I also used a home brew tower mounted preamp (ARR,  MRF-901 device) to help the Echo 70 on RX.

But we did just fine with it........ and the Echo 70 had no significant birdies that I can remember.

Ron
WW8RR