[VHFcontesting] Need feedback on KLM Echo 70

Ellen Rugowski ellenjoanne2003 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jan 4 06:12:35 EST 2008

Thanks guys for your feedback. :)  The price was right, so I decided to take a chance.  I won the bidding with $45. Now I just need to find a manual (I doubt I'll be able to get my hands on a service manual, but an operators manual would be better than nothing).   Now if I could only get my hands on an old TS-700 or FT-221 on the cheap, and I'll also have 2m capability again. I'll only have 10W for each band, but living in an apartment, my antennas will be indoors anyway, so it wouldn't be wise to run a lot of power (my days of doing this contest outdoors [some years in single digit and below zero temps] are over with).

73,
Ellen - AF9J