[VHFcontesting] TS-2000X questions

John Geiger n5ten at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 21 21:55:04 EST 2008

Hi Gregg

--- Gregg Seidl <k9kl at centurytel.net> wrote:

> I have been trying to think up of a way to reduce
> the "clutter" in my shack
> and thought I think about going away from xverters
> and back to a rig.Namely
> the 2000X.

Not a bad idea.  Certainly a do it all rig in a fairly
small box.

My questions are; can you have different
> drive levels for
> different bands.

Yes, they are selectable separately for HF, 6m, 2m,
70cm, and 23cm.  Since it uses a digital readout for
the power level, you can get as specific as the single
watt level (ie. you can set 23cm for 3).

Also
> can you use the hf port as an xverter for say 2304.

You can use it as a 10 meter IF.  THere is a
transverter setting that will allow it to read out the
frequency, and it automatically lowers the power to 5
watts when using that setting.

The manual should be available on the Kenwood website.
 A glance at that should answer most other transverter
related issues.

73s John AA5JG