[VHFcontesting] A new thought [was: rules]

Ev Tupis w2ev at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 29 06:42:05 EST 2008

Sadly, just as differences in appearance and speech tend to create racial divides in society, differences in:

A. propagation
B. population
C. purpose

between HF and VHF tend to surface differences between the perceived needs and expressed desires of the two contesting communities.

However, let us not forget that "monolithic" worlds quickly fracture into sub-groups. In society, we call them "countries" or "neighborhoods" where similarly appearing people group together.  In contesting, we call them "categories".

George did a great job of outlining the things that are similar between HF and VHF operating, yet the differences remain.  It is up to us to decide if these differences are insurmountable.  I don't believe that they are, but I am only one.

Simply food for thought.

Kind regards,
Ev, W2EV