[VHFcontesting] How do you rate the season so far?

John Geiger aa5jg at lcisp.com
Tue Jul 1 18:32:02 EDT 2008

May got an F.  The worst May I have ever seen for 6m.  Very few openings.
The June contest got an A. Some of the best conditions I have seen for a
June contest.

Overall, the season so far gets a D.  A grade of D is supposed to reflect
"below average performance" which is what this summer has been so far.  Not
a failure, but nothing to write home about either.  Fewer openings than we
normally get here in Oklahoma, and we just haven't been having the
widespread openings that we normally get some evenings where the entire
eastern US is coming in.

On a bright note I did work TO5E today!  Maybe July is going to make up for
May and June!

73s John AA5JG
Grid EM04