[VHFcontesting] How do you rate the season so far?

Les Rayburn les at highnoonfilm.com
Tue Jul 1 18:22:10 EDT 2008

The Worldwide TV FM DX Association (WTFDA) e-mail list has an interesting discussion going on right now that I thought might be interesting to "port" to our lists. The question is fairly simple--How would you rate the 2008 Sporadic E Summer Season compared to others?

The grading scale is also simple. A, B, C, D, F. Just like grade school!

Since I started this, I'll go first. Well, I can't...can I? I have no experience to compare it to, other than past TV DX seasons. From late May to about June 20th, I'd give it a "B+" or "A" since it seemed to be open daily here. Sometimes, like during the June contest it bordered on spectacular.

Since about June 20th, I'd have to give it a "C-". It's like someone flipped a switch here. Minimal, short lived openings or none at all. I hope the rest of July isn't like this.

I'm mostly interested in hearing from all of you...since it will give me a better barometer to judge all this with. What's your grade for the season so far?

73,

Les Rayburn, N1LF

Les Rayburn, director
High Noon Film