[VHFcontesting] Looking for input on multiband VHF/UHF all mode rigs

Mike (KA5CVH) Urich ka5cvh at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 23:17:47 EDT 2008

On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 9:50 PM, Ellen Rugowski
<ellenjoanne2003 at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

Soooo, I'm looking to enhance my 2m, and get back my 432 capability.
With that in mind, I'm looking for the first time in 9 years, to
purchase a multi-mode, multi-band rig

Mike wrote

Wow congratulations Ellen,

Maybe not the overall best but, HIGH, on my list would be to do some
shopping around for a used FT736R.  The only know problem, to me at
least, is it has one of the crappiest internal power supplies know to
man (or woman) I run mine on an external Astron now.  The only other
down side to the rig its basically QRP on all bands so you will wish
to add amps as time goes along.

If you are not away this is a four band (144 & 432 fixed) all mode and
then you can pick up two more modules for either 50 / 222 / 1200 MHz.

YMMV

--
Mike Urich, KA5CVH
http://ka5cvh.com