[VHFcontesting] missing log grid circling and undocumentedrovers

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Sun Jul 27 20:48:35 EDT 2008

On Jul 27, 2008, at 3:59 PM, Mike Metroka wrote:

> Nate WY0X  Wrote:
> If some guy doesn't send in a log, all contacts with that
> "undocumented" participant vaporize, for EVERYONE that worked him.

Okay guys, you all do realize that this statement was said in jest,
right?  :-)  I didn't make it real obvious because I wanted to pull a
few chains.

I suppose that wasn't nice, but anyway... Rules changes aren't going
to help anyone complaining -- they won't have any more fun next year
than they had this year.  It's an attitude.  Those of us out to have
fun, "win" every time.

Here's my thought for a real new rule:

Contest Rule #0:  "If the contest (your hobby) isn't fun, don't do it."

I gotta go do some un-fun stuff now, like mow the half-dead lawn.

(We're on pace to break the record for most contiguous 90F+ degree
days in Denver, ever.   It's hot.  So if I sound like a loon, well...
chalk it up to me not having Air Conditioning and go have fun anyway.)

After that, maybe I'll get a few hours to play in the ham shack.
Yay!  Fun!

--
Nate Duehr, WY0X
nate at natetech.com