[VHFcontesting] missing log grid circling and undocumentedrovers

Zack Widup w9sz at prairienet.org
Mon Jul 28 09:42:02 EDT 2008

On Sun, 27 Jul 2008, Nate Duehr wrote:

> On Jul 27, 2008, at 3:59 PM, Mike Metroka wrote:
>
>> Nate WY0X  Wrote:
>> If some guy doesn't send in a log, all contacts with that
>> "undocumented" participant vaporize, for EVERYONE that worked him.
>
> Okay guys, you all do realize that this statement was said in jest,
> right?  :-)  I didn't make it real obvious because I wanted to pull a
> few chains.
>
> I suppose that wasn't nice, but anyway... Rules changes aren't going
> to help anyone complaining -- they won't have any more fun next year
> than they had this year.  It's an attitude.  Those of us out to have
> fun, "win" every time.
>
> Here's my thought for a real new rule:
>
> Contest Rule #0:  "If the contest (your hobby) isn't fun, don't do it."

Now, that rule I could agree with.  I hope the weather is decent this
weekend, as I want to operate for a while anyway in the UHF contest from
a hilltop. If it will be pouring rain, setting up will not be fun.

> I gotta go do some un-fun stuff now, like mow the half-dead lawn.
>
> (We're on pace to break the record for most contiguous 90F+ degree
> days in Denver, ever.   It's hot.  So if I sound like a loon, well...
> chalk it up to me not having Air Conditioning and go have fun anyway.)
>
> After that, maybe I'll get a few hours to play in the ham shack.
> Yay!  Fun!
>
> --
> Nate Duehr, WY0X
> nate at natetech.com

Unfortunately sometimes you HAVE to do un-fun stuff.  If your grass gets
too tall around here the city leaves nasty notes on your door about
cutting it or facing a fine. So you take your choice.

73, Zack W9SZ