[VHFcontesting] KR7O CQWW VHF results

kr7o at vhfdx.com kr7o at vhfdx.com
Mon Jul 28 15:31:24 EDT 2008

                         CQWW VHF Contest -- 2008

        Call:      KR7O
        Category:  CHECKLOG
        Power:     High Power
        Band:      All Band
        Mode:      Mixed Mode
        State:

        BAND     QSO    QSO PTS      GRIDS

         50       67       67          44
        144       15       30          10

       Totals     82       97          54  =   5238

This contest is much too boring since CQ reduced it from an all band affair
and typically poor 6M Es the weekend of the contest (the last two years
excluded).  I chose to exert minimal participation in this event.  Was
primarily chasing several expeditions, but focused on working everyone I
heard CQing, so that there was activity for those going at it.  Did not CQ,
but did get caught up in a couple of pileups of stations calling me after I
worked someone else.  Probably could have at least tripled the Q's if I was
CQing as 6M was open for extended periods of time.  6M openings were often
weak and targeted selected areas (or just no activity), but had good
openings to the PNW, SW, and a couple hours of 2x Es to the NE.  KB8U
(DN93) was in for hours on Saturday.  6M was open to JA for a couple hours,
but I only worked a couple stations.  Best CONUS DX was K1TOL (FN44), best
real DX was JE1BMJ (QM05) at 8467km.  Spent most of my effort on 2m looking
for KB7ME (DN02) for a new grid.

Equipment:
6m  2x 6M7JHV + separate 6M7JHV, 1500w
2m  2M5wl, 500w (mostly), occasionally 1500w

73, Robert KR7O/YB2ARO, DM07ba/OI52ee  (ex.  N7STU)
kr7o at vhfdx.com

www.vhfdx.com (KR7O/YB2ARO homepages)