[VHFcontesting] Rover Discussion

Eugene Zimmerman ezimmerm at erols.com
Wed Jul 30 17:26:25 EDT 2008

I am the Administrator of this List.

I have been out of town the past week at the Central States VHF convention
and elsewhere so I have not been closely following the rover discussion.

This discussion certainly is within the charter of this List. However it
seems now not be moving further. Essentially all the points have been made -
many over and over again. Some of the name calling has been unpleasant and I
want it to stop.

Depending on your point of view many members believe there are significant
abuses associated with the current rover rules. If that is your belief, you
should send a reasoned discussion to your VUAC representative. Complaining
about it here is not going to end these abuses. You can find a list of these
individuals at

http://www.arrl.org/contests/vuac.html

If you feel strongly enough about it, you should copy your Division
Director. You can find them here

http://www.arrl.org/divisions/

The agenda of the VUAC is set by the Division Directors.

I see little reason to continue the discuss further here. A lot of the
members are getting upset and I THINK IT SHOULD END AT THIS TIME. At some
time in the future it would be reasonable to revisit this topic particularly
if and when the VUAC deals with it.

If you are overwhelmed with messages from this reflector, please go back to
the page on www.contesting.com where you subscribed and change your options
to get a digest instead of individual messages. Then even on a busy day you
will get only 3 or 4 emails with the subjects listed in the digest. If you
don't want to read them, don't click on that post.

73 Gene W3ZZ
List Administrator