[VHFcontesting] Post-Contest Grid Square Queries

Vic wb4slm at cox.net
Wed Jun 18 11:22:17 EDT 2008

Concur with Dave --  seems like many are seeking an "edge", whether it's professional sports, politics, business, or radio contesting ... Here's the deal folks -- radio contesting is like golf -- you can be ethical and call a penalty on yourself or you can go about business as usual and hope no one catches on ... what's at issue ?? your personal ethics, creditability, and most importantly it's "your game" .. or VHF contest in this subject --- again -- it's the score you "claim" ... if the ego of the person is such they must post a good score by any means available, then such it is .. it's like taking "no penalty relief" when you hit a bad shot in golf .. somewhere along the line it'll show up .. as far as I'm concerned the sun is going to come up in the morning & my life is not going to change if I have a plaque on the wall or not .. what's important to me is,  I have the freedom & resources to play, win or loose .. all being said, there are many ways to get "creative" with the scope and intent of the rules .. the way I see it, if a person has to get "creative" then there must be something lacking in their life and perhaps a little self reflection is in order .. if they are not familiar or knowledgeable of the rules, then RTM ... cheers de WB4SLM  EM82dp//