[VHFcontesting] VHF contesting ethics questions

Zack Widup w9sz at prairienet.org
Wed Jun 18 13:51:10 EDT 2008

I don't have a problem with that at all, any more than I do with using
one of the computer programs that calculates beam heading from
6-character grid squares. You're not using the NWS info like you would
packet and it doesn't guarantee anybody will even be there at the other
end.

When I'm on a hilltop, I usually don't have anything I can do that with
and also I can SEE the thundertops, so I just point toward them hoping to
hear something. But if I had the facilities with me I'd use them to
establish where to point.

73, Zack W9SZ