[VHFcontesting] 6m Dominant

John AA5JG aa5jg at lcisp.com
Wed Jun 18 15:40:48 EDT 2008

Just remember that it was only a year or so ago that the VHF/UHF contest committee recommended removing the higher bands from the June VHF contest.  I think removing 6m from the June contest would kill participation in it.  June is the only ARRL VHF contest where you have a good chance of having Es.  September and January are generally higher band contests because they are held outside of the Es season.  September is generally seen as the "tropo contest" and January is generally the "no propagation at all contest."

73s John AA5JG

From: "Steve Tripp \(K1IIG\)" <stephen.tripp at snet.net>
Date:  Wed, 18 Jun 2008 15:33:51 -0400