[VHFcontesting] Unscheduled contacts---Re: VHF contesting ethics questions

kr7o at vhfdx.com kr7o at vhfdx.com
Wed Jun 18 15:43:25 EDT 2008

Has been available for a year or maybe more, for the JT65 mode.  I don't
know if Joe has any plans to implement it for the meteor scatter modes.

With an SDR radio and waterfall display you can see pings of other activity
on the band, then tune there and monitor.  There is no need for scheduling
on 6M meteor scatter.  Even with legal limit though, I do not waste money
on electricity to Cqing for random meteor scatter or tropo contacts with
WSJT on 2M and up.  There is just not enough activity out west to justify
that.  My 2M MS contacts are by pre-contest skeds or moving stations worked
on 6M meteor scatter, and the occasional copy of a random CQ.

>Now if WSJT was implemented in a CWSkimmer like configuration where it was
>watching a wide swath of spectrum for totally random (i.e. unscheduled)
>signals then I'd be all over it.

73, Robert KR7O/YB2ARO, DM07ba/OI52ee  (ex.  N7STU)
kr7o at vhfdx.com

www.vhfdx.com (KR7O/YB2ARO homepages)