[VHFcontesting] Ethics

Mike (KA5CVH) Urich ka5cvh at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 09:10:15 EDT 2008

On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 6:16 AM, Ron Hooper <w4wa at alltel.net> wrote:

Some of the stations use the Software Defined Radio (SDR) equipment
which also works great and is truly state of the art. I am a nostalgic
type person and like using equipment with big knobs, so using a mouse
to adjust my mic gain doesn't do much for me.

Mike wrote

I was hoping to operate the contest this year after a long absence but
work got in the way.  Likewise work will be in the way for the Sept
contest as well.  :-(

I tend to be nostalgic as well and shun things like HamIM and such.
If I'm going to add an additional radio to the mobile it will be an
additional band not that.  But I do appreciate the technology of the
SDR route too.

http://www.ka5cvh.com/radio_k5qe_rover/

--
Mike Urich, KA5CVH