[VHFcontesting] Ethics

Ron Hooper w4wa at alltel.net
Thu Jun 19 07:16:52 EDT 2008

Dave,

I use a computer to log with but never been bitten to use WSJT to make
contacts. I still have the choice but elected to not use WSJT (yet). Some of
the stations use the Software Defined Radio (SDR) equipment which also works
great and is truly state of the art. I am a nostalgic type person and like
using equipment with big knobs, so using a mouse to adjust my mic gain
doesn't do much for me. I still do OK using my old junk and the important
thing is that I have fun. I think a lot of people put too much emphases on
the rules and all it does is take the fun away from operating. From what I
have seen in the past, rule changes are usually motivated by a single
persons needs and may not be best for the over all ham community.

Ron W4WA