[VHFcontesting] 6meter

Gabor Horvath, VE7DXG ve7dxg at rac.ca
Thu Jun 19 12:34:17 EDT 2008

Wow, passionate replies...
Yeah, I drove 300km to start the contet in a rare grid (CO60) just to find
that instead of the 60 elements I got 15-20' above the car I would've got
away with 5.
A 6m opening greatly cuts down the number of 2m (and up) QSOs, especially
the number of DX worked. I'm not gonna CQ off  .200 for 20 minutes for a
lousy new grid when I can "run 'em" on 6m with my shiny new whip.
It'd be nice to see a contest  with some sort of distance based scoring. We
all know our 6 digit grid square (see Spring Sprints). Give 1p/km on 6m,
2p/km on 2, 3p/km on 432, etc. The Sprints might be a good start for such a
system. I'd rather eke out an 300 mile CW contact on 2m then working 10 guys
in 2.5 minutes down the street.
73,
Gabor, VE7DXG