[VHFcontesting] 6meter

Ron Hooper w4wa at alltel.net
Fri Jun 20 07:28:31 EDT 2008

Hi Gabor

I would and have for years like to see distance based scoring for the VHF
contest. This keeps coming up and talked about but nothing ever happens.
Some of the issues are that contest logging software would need to be
developed and used by all entries. 6 digit grid square information may or
may not need to be used. The old record scores may or not stand. I think the
rover stratigy would change some but not so much for the fixed station. More
stations might seak higher locations or increase their antenna system to get
more distance. The guys in the less populated areas could take advange of
distance. I am sure there are many changes that would be involved but after
reading all the comments on ethics and rule interpetation on the reflector,
I doubt that we could ever make it work as a group.

For me working long distance on VHF and up is what it is all about.

Ron W4WA