[VHFcontesting] 6meter - distance scoring

Dexter McIntyre W4DEX dmcintyre at att.net
Sat Jun 21 10:48:20 EDT 2008

Ron Hooper wrote:
> A (true contester) goes to the band where he can make the most score for the
> time spent. A (VHF DXer) is looking for new grids activated in the contest.
> A (VHF newbe) is just wanting to get on and work someone to learn about the
> bands and meet other people.
These newbies are what I believe is our most valuable operators and are
often overlooked.  I think some consideration should be given to
recognize them.  Perhaps a category in which the score is based on a
comparison of their past verses present score of the event.  Maybe
something like this would encourage them to submit a log which most
don't bother to do.  I'm all for rule simplicity but I really feel this
group of operators very important.

Dex