[VHFcontesting] Managing power in a temporary rover

Walter - K5EST walter.k5est at gmail.com
Sun Jun 22 15:05:56 EDT 2008

............snipped...............

> Everything that requires power is fused.
>
> The next step is to put Anderson Powerpoles on everything.
>
> It all sounds kind of Rube Goldberg, but it works and leaves no trace
> after the weekend is over. - Duffey
>
> --
> KK6MC
> James Duffey
> Cedar Crest NM

Duffey, I like your temp Rover power ideas. My charger is a 12 volt
incandescent light bulb at 60 watts and a large diode in series with
the pickup truck battery and the Deep Cycle battery. Pretty low tech
but it works on the cheap.

Nice in the Winter as a hand warmer but the Summer months it heats
the cab. For guys running high power, the 100 watt incandescent bulb
would give more charging amps.

73....Walter - K5EST