[VHFcontesting] Some 432MHz Questions

David ke4yyd at gtcom.net
Fri Jun 27 17:04:25 EDT 2008

I have a M2`Eggbeater antenna at about 50 ft on the side of my 70 ft tower.
It was put there several years ago for satellite work. Since I no longer
work satellites I want to optimize my 432 performance for contesting.   Are
there other omni directional antennas that can be side mounted that will
work better for ground wave?

What do most folks use for jumpers between the radio and amplifier at 432?
I find the 3 ft jumper of 9913 with N connectors to be too stiff.  Would
RG-8 with N connectors be just as well in 3 ft length?  Where can one buy
such jumpers?

Thanks,

David
KE4YYD