[VHFcontesting] advice for 222 in a contest

kb7dqh at donobi.net kb7dqh at donobi.net
Wed May 7 20:59:31 EDT 2008

> I think there is a problem getting TOKO Filters for the LO and between
> stages in the DEM 222-28 Transverters because they have been discontinued
> by TOKO. I think there may be an alternative in the works and this is what
> the delay is about. These filters are also used in the W1GHZ? 222
> Transverter for the Ft 817.
>
> George, W1JHR

Interesting... Wonder what the measured insertion loss of one of the TOKO
filters is... Although physically much larger, there is a 4 section
helical resonator assembly buried in UHF Motorola Motrac FM radios that
tunes up beautifully with a 222-225 Mhz passband, with around 10dB
insertion loss.

Likely won't pull far enough to filter the LO, but what the heck...

Look in the junquebox for the TFD 6080A!!!

Eric
KB7DQH