[VHFcontesting] Nuking

John Geiger aa5jg at lcisp.com
Wed May 21 09:18:02 EDT 2008

>From what I can tell, there are 3 different generations of Mirage amps:

1. The Brown and White faced ones, made in CA, and I think Mirage was owned
by KLM then. These have a good reputation.

2. The Black faced ones, with a CA address on the back.  These also had blue
rocker switches.  These also seem ok.

3. The Black faced ones where Mirage was owned by MFJ.  They have a MS
address on them, and red rocker switches.  This is the current model being
produced. Draw your own conclusions about MFJ.

73s John AA5JG