[VHFcontesting] Inverters and roving

dbubke at juno.com dbubke at juno.com
Thu May 22 13:04:23 EDT 2008

Steve,

I love my Honda EU200i. Twice the power as the one Jack mentions. Not any louder either. Running radios from the pickup cab with the generator underneath the rear bumper is tolerable, really, not that bad. Honda spec's the noise as 59dB at full throttle and 53 dB at idle. Mayberry's usually has an ad in the back of QST magazine. That was the best price that I found.

73,
Dan K6NKC

-- "Jack Isenberg" <ihi at frontiernet.net> wrote:
Steve,

Dont rule out a generator TOO quickly.  Roving plans and configurations tend
to snowball.
Tom and I started out small, then grew to a lot of bands
Then added amplifiers, and had to go to a generator just to keep up with the
power requirements.
(we had a deep cycle, then two, then three, but generator helped a lot)
I have a small Honda EU1000 and love it.
Very light weight,
put it out about 50 feet and noise is minimal.
only takes a minute or two to put it out and pull the rope (ONCE)
In fact I am in the process of buying another one so I have enough power to
run the equipment, lights, AND a heater.

Take a look at my web site:

http://www.frontiernet.net/~ihi/

good luck
73