[VHFcontesting] K4GUN 6m Par Moxon and DC Rotors

N8UM n8um at comcast.net
Mon May 26 20:42:44 EDT 2008

Nice setup.  I looked at your pictures.  Is your 6 meter Moxon mounted
backwards with respect to your other antennas?  I think it might be a driven
element and reflector...  Therefore the wire reflector element should be
behind the square aluminum driven element.  Any other guys got an opinion?
I have misplaced my assembly sheet.

Most rotators (Yaesu, Ham X series, Emoto, Alliance) run on 24vdc so there
is no need to buy a dc rotor.  I just bought a controller from MDS. It
replaces my 110vac control box with a digital display and computer
interface.  The MDS controller uses a simple 2.5mm 13.8v dc hook up and
supplies 24vdc for most rotator series.  Pretty slick and half the price of
other digital controllers.  See  http://www.mds-ham.com

John B.  N8UM  Oak Ridge, Tennessee