[VHFcontesting] VHF Contest Software

Tom Carney tomc at carneysugai.com
Thu May 29 13:41:10 EDT 2008

Joker wrote:
> I like to use N3FJP VHF Contest Log
>
> Handles Grids, Bands, Rovers,  Radio control, Spotting, DVK, Keyboard CW
> memories, everything you need except for Rotator control. They also have
> a networked version for Multis.
>
> N3FJP.com

I've used N3FJP's VHF program for years now.  I operate as a rover and
paper log during the contest.  The program has a post contest mode that
makes entering a paper log easier that most programs.

However, unless it's been changed recently, the program will not allow
to log dupes.  You have to enter a phoney call and then go edit the log
file to put in the correct call.  I believe all the major contest
sponsors recommend you log dupes.  It also easier and faster to just
work'em again that to explain they are a dupe.  As a rover I get a lot
of dupes especially if I enter a grid for the second time during a
contest.

73,

Tom  K6EU/r