[VHFcontesting] QST_ June contest write up

Rusty Boling ae4bk at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 19 14:56:02 EST 2008

  So basically what everyone is saying is that the rules have no changed enough to comply with the "spirit" of the contest.  Is a protest in order or has it got to that point yet?  Would a membership boycott work?  Would a boycott of the contest work?  Would kinda be a hollow victory (as if it's not hollow enough) to be that the only winners of the contest were the only participants that had ZERO competition?  Would zero logs zubmitted be message enough to get things changed?  Don't wanna be the poster boy for change as I have not directly been effected by this, but pack rovering, grid circling, etc have all been talked about for years and years now.  Maybe it's time for action?  This all coming from someone who has been a member off and on of the ARRL and I know for sure they definately help ham radio nationally and internationally.  I don't want anyone to over-react, but a mini-protest/ silent contest might be in order.  I can see it now.....4 logs submitted in the
 January VHF Contest  all from a pack roving crew, hehe.  Should atleast save the ARRL some ink money..since line scores were cut out years ago, hehe...Rusty