[VHFcontesting] Rover stuff

k4gun at comcast.net k4gun at comcast.net
Fri Nov 21 09:22:07 EST 2008

The last time this came up, I asked the experienced rovers how often they had ever made uncoordinated contacts with other rovers.  One guy said his maximum was 30 but that was only once and never happened again.  It was a very strange set of circumstances that lead to it.  Beyond that single person, none could find a log or even a vague memory of making more than 10 to a single other rover.  It could happen, but the chances are very slim.  If the number were 10 for Limited and 30 for Classic, I doubt you'd ever have a case where a rover had to make a field decision about making the QSO and submitting in Unlimited or not making that 11th or 31st contact.

I'll also point out that being moved to Unlimited is not punishment!  It just means you're going to be compared to different guys than you thought.  No big deal.

Steve

K4GUN/R