[VHFcontesting] 222 and 902 equipment

Radioman radioman01 at comcast.net
Wed Oct 22 14:52:12 EDT 2008

Hi Mike,

There are a few brands of transverter's but the best I've used is
Down east microwave stuff. I say this because I tried a few over 8 years of
Contesting. I have the 222,903 and 2304 transverter's, contest proven to
work. I built the 903 and 2304 transverter from kits
The 903-144 and 2304-144 both use a 2 meter <IF> and the service has been
fine. I gave up looking for 222 SSB equipment and 902/903 is non-existent

Realistically transverters are the easiest way to get on those bands, unless
You want to band your head on a few cinder blocks looking for a IC-575 I
believe 222 ssb radio, or a FT-736 with a 222 module in it.

Tony
NN1D

Computer Services Administrator
Dartmouth Police Department