[VHFcontesting] 222 and 902 equipment

N6FD n6fd at mchsi.com
Wed Oct 22 23:44:56 EDT 2008

Downeast Microwave (DEM) has excellent transverters for both bands.  I
have used the 222-28 and 902-144 transverters for many years.  They have
survived several overloads when I forgot to set the power on IF rig.
They have also performed very well at dense mountain top RF sites.  DEM
also has excellent service.  You should have some RF assembly experience
before assembling their kits, they have mostly surface mount
components.  Also if you are in Caliifornia  make sure that you get the
902 MHz crystal and not the 903 MHz crystal with your transverter.

Erich N6FD
DM15dp