[VHFcontesting] [SMC] Microwave station no longer for sale

Dan Evans dan.evans at insightbb.com
Sun Sep 14 11:22:10 EDT 2008

I've done a lot of trading on ebay and direct.

Ebay is more of a hassle to me, so I don't use it much anymore.   Paypal
is very convenient, however.  They have their fees, but it's worth it to
me for the convenience.

And yes, Ebay has it's fair share of scammers.  They usually steal an
account, get in a for a few quick hits, and then get out, or booted.
The feed back is a useful tool, but you can't just use the numbers you
need to look at the comments.  If you see lots of "mis-represented
items", "slow shipment", "did not receive item", then avoid the seller.
However, if the seller has tens of thousands of sales, then it is common
to see a lot of "didn't work with my computer" or various other
complaints because the buyer didn't read the add.

It's a lot like the equipment reviews on eHam.net.  The negative reviews
are the most valuable, if you read the comments.  Some people give an
item a negative review, even though they never owned the item!!  Kenwood
fans criticize Yaesu, Yaesu fans criticize Icom, Icom fans criticize
Kenwood, etc...  You have to read the actual reviews to get a good idea
if the complaint really means anything.

By the way, my favorite places to sell are the eHam.net classifieds, and
the forsale-swap email reflector.

73
Dan
--