[VHFcontesting] North Ga 900MHz/70cm/2M Simplex FM Event

Bob Mantell k4esa at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 13 20:27:00 PDT 2009

LxPedition Atlanta Members and all others with 900MHz welcome to join in.

 Saturday May 2ND,  11 - 1pm EDT (or later if still having fun!)

The plan is to do some hilltop simplex and repeater DXing on this date.  May 2 is the  Microwave Sprint contest from 6AM until 1 PM, so some others my be out there also looking to contact us.

927.500 FM will be the Simplex channel, with  simplex coordination on 146.550  2M, and 446.000 70cm.  145.410 will be the back up repeater to the 146.820 if it is busy.  My vision would be for two or three person teams go to each high spot to make working the 3 bands easier.

For more info on 900MHz , search for the  yahoo groups that are copied in this email.

I will be gathering up a list of all the active repeaters in North GA, East AL, SE TN and SW NC that MIGHT be workable from High spots in North GA.  If you know of any please email them to me.

This will be the only Event notice posting to the National 900, VHF  or other lists, so join the GA900 Yahoo List if you are not a member of it or the LxPeditions Atlanta group to stay up to date on details of the event.   Membership to the LxPeditions Atlanta Yahoo group is only open to past event participants, however you may read the messages posted to the group without membership.

You may submit your questions direct to me if you are not on the LxPedition list.

Hear you then!

73 de Bob,

 K4ESA EM74qc

 k4esa at yahoo.com