[VHFcontesting] Tower trailer plans

Kelly Johnson n6kj.kelly at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 16:28:03 PDT 2009

#1 - Are those generators "RF Quiet/Safe"?  I've thought about doing
the same thing, but didn't know where to buy a used lighting rig and
wasn't sure if the generators were suitable for RF applications.

#2 - I looked into building a tower trailer years ago too, but it
turned out to be less trivial than I first thought.   I wanted a
trailer that would carry my Force 12 LPT-1242 (which only weighs 125
lbs or so), but would allow the LPT-1242 to be easily removed from the
trailer and allow the trailer to be easily stowed in my side yard when
not operating portable.  Maybe your requirements will be more
amenable.