[VHFcontesting] converting a par moxon

James Duffey JamesDuffey at comcast.net
Mon Apr 20 17:31:10 PDT 2009

John - How much higher in frequency does it resonate? Some of that
difference may be due to using the square tube instead of the angle,
this will move the effective current center of the element back half
the distance of the tube, or about 3/8 of an inch, which will be 3/4
inch for the driven element. This will raise the resonant frequency a
half MHz or so? I guess you can add a bit of length to the end
elements to bring it back down to where you want it.

I don't think there is anything mysterious in that black box, perhaps
a balun, but I would not expect a matching network as the Moxon
dimensions are close enough to give a 50 Ohm resonant point as is. -
Duffey
--
KK6MC
James Duffey