[VHFcontesting] 432 Sprint - Questions

Ken Alexander k.alexander at rogers.com
Thu Apr 23 11:30:15 PDT 2009

I haven't sprinted yet this season but hope to make it for 6m next month.

I read several posts about hearing weak signals that couldn't be converted into QSOs.  Sounds to me that in conditions like this that JT65x would result in QSOs that otherwise couldn't be made.  Since QSOs = FUN, I wonder if there's any interest in this possibility?  I'm just starting to tinker with JT65 and think it has great potential.

Had a look at the rules and didn't see anything (in my quick scan) that would rule it out.  In fact, the only discussion of modes is with regard to reporting the mode used in logs submitted.  Please correct me if I'm wrong.

http://www.sysadnet.com/vhfsprintrules.htm

That said, I don't recall reading anything that would prohibit multiple QSOs with the same station using multiple modes, i.e., working the same station on SSB, then moving to CW and finally JT65x results in three legitimate QSO points (mode circling?).  Maybe I'm missing something but I just thought I'd toss it out for discussion.

73,

Ken Alexander
VE3HLS