[VHFcontesting] Need a Small, Cheap Laptop for Rovering ?

Tom Staley k9tms at mindspring.com
Sat Aug 15 07:04:44 PDT 2009

There Are several Models of this Inpire 1 out now. I own both the 8.9 and
10.1 inch models. With in our club we have additional members that have a
number of these as well including the new 11 inch model. My experience is
been very good with these quick to boot, plenty of storage and works great
as a rover logging computer. The battery on it will last about 1.5 to 2
hours depending on the drive activity. The only negatives I have encountered
is the small keyboard size on the 8.9 and 10.1 models - however I have
gotten used to it with even my large hands. There is also the issue with
heat - ventilation is limited due to it's size so keep the vents clear and
you should be ok. The small monitor has not been an issue on either even
with 53 year old eyes.

73
Tom - K9TMS