[VHFcontesting] Rover laptop

Adam Kuzych ve3zxk at yahoo.ca
Sun Aug 16 05:24:46 PDT 2009

While the mini laptops are very handy, you might find good value in a used ruggedized notebook. Many notebooks are made of very thin material, and won't survive any drop test.

I use a military-grade General Dynamics (Itronix) GoBook II. The GoBook III is also affordable used. Other good makes are the Panasonic Toughbook and the Amrel Rocky. Be very careful with the toughbooks, as many models are not fully rugged, and will not stand up to much abuse. If choosing a used unit, choose something like a CF-27 or other fully rugged design.

I bought my unit via eBay.