[VHFcontesting] 6M HB9CV Antenna & FT-817 2M Overload

Cal Cotner cal.jsi at verizon.net
Fri Dec 11 11:32:27 PST 2009

Hi all,

      In a moment of weakness I bought one of the subject antennas
(made by Diamond).  I'd be curious about list members' opinions on
the antenna.  The thought was to replace a wheezing old 3 el homebrew
Yagi for portable operation.  And yes, I know about the Moxon beams.

      Also, does anyone have comments on the receive overload
performance on 2M of the Yaesu FT-817.  When mountain topping In two
past VHF contests I've had a lot of trouble on 2M with possible
overload of mine.  I suppose It could be splatter from high powered,
multi-operator stations sending automated CQs.  I've not experienced
this on 6M.  Again, any comment would be welcome.

73,
Cal K4JSI