[VHFcontesting] 6M HB9CV Antenna & FT-817 2M Overload

Jerry Siegmund jer.sieg at shaw.ca
Sat Dec 12 09:37:56 PST 2009

Cal.. Not familiar with that particular Model.. looks very similar to
the
https://www.hamcity.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=224&idproduct=478
To get started on 6M for Cheap.. I purchased a
https://www.hamcity.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=224&idproduct=499
A little flimsy in construction..using Wing Nuts for the Boom to Mast
and EL to Boom.. and this being a 'High Wind Area' and all.. but it has
been up for at least Two Years.. and still together !  It uses Two
Driven EL.. and Two Dir. ? So is the One DE a Reflector..? I say a '4el
Yagi'.. but I guess its really Two Driven, Two Dir..which is '4' .. but
get 'Excellent Reports' with it at 30'.. and will be Great for /p Op's
as it goes together Very Quickly..though I would not want to do any
70MPH Roving with it 5' above the Roof !  I don't think the F/B ratio is
too great though.. but with the Two DE.. maybe you won't have to AZ it E
/ W as much.. 'Work 'em Off the Back' so to speak ! GL and keep us
posted as to your results with it ! 73
Jerry VE6CPP
DN39or