[VHFcontesting] distance scoring

Duane - N9DG n9dg at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 11 09:25:48 EST 2009

FWIW it seemed that 6 digit exchanges were not a problem at all for the Spring Sprints in 2007 (I missed the 2008 running). Perhaps John, K9JK can elaborate further about any issues with 6 digit exchanges.

And as was already pointed out logging software doesn't necessarily need to be able to process the exchanges to derive distances. It just needs to be able to preserve/pass the 6 digit entries all the way through to the Cabrillo file submitted to the sponsor.

And do I think that a close study of the EU contests that do use distance scoring would be time well spent...

Duane
N9DG