[VHFcontesting] September VHF and January VHF Contest Items

Kutzko, Sean, KX9X kx9x at arrl.org
Tue Feb 17 16:53:08 EST 2009

Hi folks-

Here's a couple of news items related to ARRL VHF Contests:

1) I know everybody is anxiously waiting for the 2008 September VHF web results to be released. Rest assured I'm doing everything I can to get that taken care of as fast as possible. I will make an announcement on the W6YX and the VHF Contesting reflectors, as well as in my blog, when they are finally online.

2) I've received reports from several folks having trouble submitting their logs for the 2009 January VHF Contest. Logs are being returned with a message that says:

> (This is an automatic reply.)
>
> Your message to JanuaryVHF at arrl.org could not be processed because the
> Subject: of the message
>
>        Possible_UCE:  KX9X
>
> is not a valid callsign.  Please resubmit your log with an email
> Subject: header that looks like this
>
>        Subject: your-callsign

This is related to our spam filter here at ARRL HQ. The "Possible_UCE:" is getting added to the subject lines of incoming email, which the Robot then tries to interpret as part of your callsign.  Our IT staff is working with our ISP to get this resolved as fast as possible. In the mean time, if you are unable to get your January VHF Contest log submitted because of this issue, contact me off-list and I'll help you work through it on a case-by-case basis.

73,

Sean Kutzko KX9X
Contest Branch Manager
ARRL - The national association for Amateur Radio
225 Main Street
Newington, CT  06111 USA
(860) 594-0232
email: kx9x at arrl.org