[VHFcontesting] Contesting Philosophy

Ev Tupis w2ev at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 27 03:43:44 PST 2009

--- On Fri, 2/27/09, Nate Duehr <nate at natetech.com> wrote:

> Scheduling and time management for maximization of points
> is ALREADY a contest skill practiced by ALL of the winning
> multi-operator FIXED stations.
>
> Ask any WINNING multi-op station how many skeds they have
> and keep.

If one defines "winning" as placing in the "national" or "regional" top-10 and "schedules" as using the time prior to the contest to make specific arrangements to work a particular station on a given frequency at a given time, then I must say with no question that this is not true.  I have hosted such operation without the use of schedules.

To me, QSO scheduling sounds too much like going to an Easter egg hunt, and knowing where many of the eggs are before the event begins...then feeling all proud that I "found" the most.

Ev, W2EV